ISO stands for the International Organization for Standardization. This organization comprises many different countries and is tasked with coming up with quality standards for various goods used around the world. A number of such standards have been developed over the years and obtaining an ISO certificate is now a stamp of quality and approval that opens many doors for different organizations.
Whenever an organization wants to order a certificate the main focus is usually ISO 9000 and ISO 14000. ISO 9000 certification covers a wide range of activities but its core is improving how companies are managed. This will of course translate to better production practices and therefore higher quality items. ISO 14000 is involved with environmental protection. It seeks to ensure that the environment is not harmed during production of different items and to improve the production processes and technologies used so as to ensure that the final products are also safe. Both of these standards are aimed at implementing a proper safety management system during production and also the production of safe high quality products.
Why you should order a certificate
Within the borders of the Russian Federation an ISO certificate is not mandatory for business. It however provides a lot of advantages for those who choose to order a certificate, some of which are stated below.
- Winning contracts from government agencies
- Taking part in international tenders
- It improves the inner workings of the organization
- It increases the institution’s competitiveness on the market
- Consumers are further convinced of the quality of products and would buy more
- Any brands that are produced by that company would gain a lot of ground in the market within a short period due to the trust that has been forged
How obtaining an ISO certificate works
The Russian Federation Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology is the authority in the issuing of an ISO certificate. Once you order a certificate however, you are only allowed to use it within Russian territory. It is not valid in international circles.
You can order a certificate in the following instances:
- When an inspection and assessment of the systems and equipment in a manufacturing plant is due
- When the systems and equipment have to be replaced
- When a complete inspection has been conducted by an official and the replacements done
If all conditions are met and the results turn out positive at the end of the assessment the manufacturer will receive an ISO certificate to confirm compliance.